I will say that Kenney's 8th birthday and Camryn's 6th birthday party was pretty much a disaster! We had great intentions but it just didn't work out well for us! The girls decided they wanted to have a sleepover at a hotel and swim. Four of the girls we invited were already having birthday parties that night! It ended up only being Reece and Maci that could come so we invited Reece's younger sister Ashlynn to come along with us! She is a year older than Camryn so that worked out well! I got them a suite at Embassy Suites and we were planning on getting there no later than five, letting them swim, have pizza, cake and presents and then swim some more! As I was loading the Tahoe I noticed one of the front tires was flat so we had to wait for Todd to get home from work and change it! That took forever and a day and put us about 2 hours behind schedule! We finally made it to the hotel and the girls were super excited! When we get to the pool it is so crowded with SCREAMING kids we could not even talk to each other and I did not feel safe. We hauled the wet kids up and took them to Maci's house to swim. They ended up having a good time but around 10:00 Kennedy got out of the pool and was freezing cold. She told me she didn't feel good and felt hot. I took her in, got her bathed and some PJ's on and we headed back to the hotel. She ended up getting super sick just as fast as Camryn did in Branson! Yes...she had strep too! We let them open their presents and do cake before Todd took her home but she was so sick she had me open them and had Maci blow out her candles. She just layed on the couch and watched and actually asked to go home! It was the saddest thing! The next morning I took the girls back to the hotel pool and it was much better! They had a great time but I don't think we will ever attmept this type of birthday party again!
 |
| We finally made it and are getting ready to go swim! |
 |
| Thank goodness I snapped a few pictures before Kennedy got sick |
 |
| The party girls: Kennedy, Camryn, Ashlynn, Reece and Maci |
 |
| Our sick birthday girl! |
No comments:
Post a Comment